The Apalachicola River Community of Indians Tribal Organization (ARCITO)

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Willis family

john lloyd

Anyone have info on Willis family. Have found links to Amherst Va. Also some info is showing Willis in other countries. I was tending to believe Buffaloe Ridge Cherokees. Any info

--

May 17, 2014 at 8:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

silverfox9999

What do you need to known about the Willis Family, some of the Willis Marry into the Creek Indian out Ga. and Florida

June 19, 2014 at 1:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

xLockx

My great great grandmother was a Willis and I have done a lot of research on the Willis family of Georgia, Alabama, and Florida.

July 6, 2014 at 3:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lindarobbins57

Our Willis family came from Calhoun County, Florida. My maternal grandmother was Alice Lucinda Willis who moved with 14 of her family members from Calhoun County, Florida approximately 1907 to Houston County, Texas. Alice, her 12 siblings, and parents John Pinkney Willis and Lucy Jane Lamb Willis came through the southern states to east Texas. Other families that came with them in 1907 were Cook and Streetman surnamed families. There are quite a few pictures of the Willis families in the Recent Photos, possibly shared by one of my second cousins, once removed, Tom Streetman, who lives in Houston County, Texas. I hope John Lloyd, Silver Fox 9999, or xLockx will contact me about the Willis families in Florida. Thank you. 

--

Linda S. Robbins

November 19, 2015 at 3:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.